Robert J. Cristiano
Massapequa Park, New York
Rockaway Park, New York
Robert J. Cristiano is a Partner in the personal injury (negligence), commercial litigation, and bankruptcy groups, focusing on car accident, premises liability (slip and fall cases), and construction accident cases. He stresses good client contact, professionalism, and attention to detail. Through trials and settlements, he has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients.
Attorney Cristiano has represented various businesses in commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters, and has formed, maintained, and dissolved companies both big and small. He has served as a court appointed Referee in foreclosure matters. He has filed numerous personal Chapter 7 bankruptcies.
Attorney Cristiano is an active member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, where he drafts First Department Updates summarizing the appellate decisions from the First Department. He also serves as a judge for the annual Chief Judge Conrad B. Dubersein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition.
Attorney Cristiano graduated from St. John's University School of Law, where he served as an Editor on the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review, a Class Representative on the Student Bar Association, and was inducted into the Civil Trial Institute Honor Society.
Attorney Cristiano earned his B.A. in history from Boston College.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Car Accidents
- Premises Cases (Slip and Fall Cases)
- Construction Accidents
- St. John's University School of Law
- Honors: Civil Trial Institute Honor Society
- Honors: Class Representative, Student Bar Association
- Law Review: American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review, Editor
- Boston College
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association EDNY, Member
- Knights of Columbus, Member